2Today, the freedom of surrogate mothers and families are under pressure in many European 3countries. It creates insecurities and lowered quality of life for the surrogates and the intended 4families. As a liberal organisation preserving and ensuring freedom amongst all people, we 5cannot ignore this lack of freedom and the arbitrary legal status of all implicated parties of 6surrogacy. It is unacceptable to neglect the inherent human need of giving life through one’s 7own DNA, and in that matter also to ignore the lawlessness of the surrogate mothers. We need to 8secure the freedom for all family-kinds to found a family, and in addition ensure the security of 9the surrogate mother.
21*The selfless act of helping a sister, friend, relative etc. by bearing their child free of charge.
261. LYMEC to call on the Commission to provide legal protection at EU level for individuals who 27are already or will be born to a surrogate mother in the future.
282. LYMEC to call on the Commission to verify that existing legislation on surrogate motherhood -29in those Member States where this is not allowed - does not contravene the EU Charter of 30Fundamental Rights article 7.
313. LYMEC to support a movement towards non-criminalisation of surrogate motherhood32agreements and for such agreements to have legally binding effects to safeguard the rights of the 33parties involved, including in terms of costs, salary and visitor rights among others. This practice 34should be coupled with the necessary guarantees in terms of health coverage of the pregnant 35person and the juridical and economic security of both parts, so that the economic remuneration 36is not the only economic sustainment for the pregnant mother.
374. LYMEC to condemn the discrimination that surrogate mothers and families still suffer across38the European Union, sometimes even being criminalised by members of governments and thus 39rendering them unprotected and vulnerable to harassment, degrading treatment and other types 40of aggression.
415. LYMEC to urge not to criminalize families in good faith for the desire to have a child.
Attention: This is a preview! The official text is printed in the proposal book for Skopje Spring Congress 2020 03 - 05 April 2020.